Please note that as with any nation, Ghana’s immigration laws may change without notice.
All foreigners seeking permission to enter Ghana require Ghana entry visa unless otherwise exempted. The visa should be endorsed on valid passport or travel documents issued by competent national or international authorities and recognized by the Government of Ghana.
ECOWAS nationals and those of other countries with which the Government of Ghana has specific bilateral agreements are exempted.
Ghana entry visas are obtainable from any Ghana Embassy, High Commission or Consulate abroad.
Ghana visas — General information
- Single-entry visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue. Please apply only within 90 days of the date of travel.
- Ghana multiple-entry visa should be requested by writing a separate letter addressed to the embassy of Ghana explaining the reason for multiple entries.
- All travelers aged nine (9) months and above, coming into, or transiting through Ghana are required to have been vaccinated against Yellow Fever at least Ten(10) days from the proposed date of travel and where already vaccinated, provide evidence(certificate) indicating the duration of a vaccination status of not more than Ten(10) years before entering Ghana. Only yellow fever vaccination is obligatory.
- Your passport must have at least 6 months of validity remaining when you apply for a visa.
Travelers are strongly advised to ensure that they have all the necessary documents before arriving in Ghana.
Emergency visa (visa-on-arrival)
Where Ghana has no Consular or Diplomatic representation entry visa may be issued on arrival, if the Director of Immigration has prior notification from travelers or their sponsors or hosts and approval has been granted. More on Emergency Visa (also known as ‘Visa on Arrival’)
Tourist / Volunteering visa requirements
- Completed Visa Application form: one original and three copies (all the four forms must be signed by the applicant. The signature should be the same as the one on the passport)
- Four passport-type photographs
- Copy or proof of round-trip tickets or itinerary
- Copy of a recent bank statement showing sufficient funds for travel to Ghana
- Visa fee (Starts from US$50)
- Original passport (Your passport must have at least 6 months of validity remaining at time of visa-application)
Ghana visa types
The most common types of Ghanaian visas are:
- B-1 – Business visa
- B-2 – Holiday / Tourist / Volunteering Visa
- C-1; C-2 – Transit Visa
- F-1; F-2 – Student Visa
- H-1 to H-4 – Temporary Workers Visa
A FEW OF GHANA’S EMBASSIES ABROAD
GHANA HIGH COMMISSION IN THE UK
Passports & Immigration
104 Highgate Hill London
Tel: 020 8342 7500
Fax: 020 8342 8570
GHANA EMBASSY IN THE US
Embassy of Ghana
3512 International Drive NW
Washington DC 20008
Tel: (202) 686-4520
GHANA HIGH COMMISSION IN CANADA
Ghana High Commission
#153 Gilmour Street
Ottawa, ONT. k2P 0N8
Tel: (613) 236-0871-3
Fax: (613) 236-0874
GHANA EMBASSY IN DENMARK
Embassy of Ghana
Egebjerg Alle 13
GHANA HIGH COMMISSION IN AUSTRALIA
Ghana High Commission
52 Culgoa Circuit
O’ Malley ACT 2606
Tel: +61-2-6290-2110, +61-2-6286-7275, +61-2-6286-9175
GHANA VISA AGENTS
The agents listed below can get you your Ghana visa for a small fee. They also provide visa acquisition services for other countries, and in some cases, passport-renewal services.
Offers services in respect of Ghana visa acquisition
Offers Ghana visa acquisition services
Offers help to people seeking a Ghana visa.
VISAHQ says. “Our clients can apply online for visas to one or several countries at a time. Choose between secure online submission and old-fashioned paper application form. Based on comprehensive list of required items, send us additional supporting documents for travel visas or passport services. Enjoy real-time status updates, while expecting prompt return delivery of your newly issued passport or visas”