Castles of Ghana
Some of the best preserved castles along Ghana’s coast can be found in the Central Region. They include Cape Coast Castle, Elmina Castle and Fort St. Jago.
Cape Coast Castle, Ghana
Elmina Castle, Ghana
Fort St. Jago, Ghana
Kakum National Park
This popular national eco-tourism park comprises 357 km2 area of virgin rainforest. It offers excellent walking tours a canopy walkway. You could sight rare butterflies and birds as well as game like the extraordinary bongo and forest elephant.
Kakum National Park, Ghana
The Beaches of the Central Region
The Central Region boasts of many lovely coconut-tree fringed beaches including
- Brenu Beach – 10 minutes from Elmina
- Sir Charles Beach Resort, Winneba
- Gomoa Fetteh – 90 minutes from Accra
Traditional Fishing Villages
Along the coast of the Central Region of Ghana you can find many busy fishing villages. Of particular interest are:
- Winneba – famous for their fishing fleets, masquerade festival and local ceramics
- Elmina – for their uniquely colorful large fishing canoes.